England’s two most decorated teams meet at Anfield on Tuesday – but, given their current struggles, would any Manchester United player make a combined XI with players from this Liverpool side?
While Jurgen Klopp’s team are chasing an unprecedented quadruple and go into the match fresh from reaching their first FA Cup final in 10 years with an impressive 3-2 win over Premier League title rivals Manchester City at Wembley, United’s sole remaining target for the season is finishing in the top four.
United boosted their chances of grabbing a Champions League qualifying spot with a 3-2 win over Norwich on Saturday – but were far from convincing against the Premier League’s bottom club.
Tuesday 19th April 7:00pm Kick off 8:00pm
Speaking after the previous week’s defeat against another relegation-threatened side, Everton, Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville said none of the United players are ahead of their opposite numbers at Liverpool.
FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Manchester United’s win against Norwich
“When I look at Manchester City and Liverpool, they have humble football players; no over-inflated egos, they understand their position, the team comes first,” he said on his podcast.
- Papers: Man City agree £500k-per-week deal with Haaland camp
- Ronaldo announces one of his newborn twins has passed away
- Khan robbed at gunpoint in east London
- Klopp warns Man Utd will ‘go for it’ | Rangnick: I know how he wants to play
- Ten Hag can’t close Liverpool gap alone
- PL Predictions: Liverpool to beat Man Utd without breaking sweat
- Maguire: Hurting Liverpool quadruple bid is not our motivation
- Transfer Centre latest: Lacazette talking to ‘a lot of clubs’
- Sir Bradley Wiggins reveals he was sexually groomed by a coach at 13
- Would any Man Utd players make combined XI with Liverpool?
“There isn’t one Manchester United player that would get into any of those two teams, so why would you have an over-inflated ego, think you didn’t have to work hard, or be spiritless? I don’t see anything anymore [from this United side].”
FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Manchester City’s draw with Liverpool
- Ronaldo hat-trick saves Man Utd victory over Norwich
- Rangnick critical of Man Utd: Nobody in PL concedes goals like this
- Klopp: Best we’ve ever played | Pep defends Steffen ‘accident’
So would you pick any Manchester United players in a combined XI with Liverpool?
Does David de Gea have the edge on Alisson in the goalkeeping department?
Use our interactive tool below to pick your combined side…
Win £250,000 on Tuesday!
Another Saturday, another chance to win £250,000 with Super 6. Play for free, entries by 3pm