Who is red-hot in the Premier League right now? Sky Sports ranks every player over the past five matchdays…
Liverpool winger Mohamed Salah tops the Premier League form chart after netting a hat-trick in the sensational 5-0 win over Manchester United on Sunday – extending his tally to a league-topping 10 goals from just nine games.
The 29-year-old has carved a huge lead atop the form chart, ahead of Leicester midfielder Youri Tielemans – who scored for the second game running in Leicester’s 2-1 win over Brentford.
- Man Utd 0-5 Liverpool – Report and highlights
- Get Sky Sports | Live football on Sky Sports
Chelsea trio Ben Chilwell (No 3), Mason Mount (No 4) and ‘keeper Edouard Mendy (No 10) all surged into the top 10 following the Blues’ 7-0 goal fest against Norwich – with Mount scoring his first senior hat-trick for the club.
How are the Power Rankings calculated?
The Power Rankings are based on points awarded to players for 35 different statistics – from goals and assists, to blocks and tackles. The standings take into account the number of points a player has earned up to the previous five matchdays of a season, with each previous game worth 20 per cent fewer points in incremental deductions.
Phil Foden (No 5) continued to shine for Manchester City with two goals and an assist in the 4-1 win at Brighton, while Watford forward Josh King (No 6) and Burnley full-back Maxwel Cornet (No 9) represented bottom-half clubs among the elite performers.
- Ole to remain as Utd boss despite some players’ reservations
- When Smith’s Rangers nearly conquered Europe…
- ‘More than a manager’ – Walter Smith dies aged 73
- Brundle: Verstappen’s latest Hamilton triumph may be defining
- De Kock misses World Cup match after refusing to take knee
- Ferguson, Souness and Gerrard lead Smith tributes
- Sancho struggle highlights Solskjaer problem
- Whyte or Joyce next? ‘Fury will decide’
- Lijnders: Keita lucky to only suffer bruising after Pogba tackle
- Salah in league of his own
- How are the Power Rankings calculated?
- Premier League top scorers and assisters
A round-up of all the action from matchweek nine in the Premier League with Liverpool thrashing Manchester United at Old Trafford the standout result.
Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino (No 7) retained his place among the higher rungs following the victory at Old Trafford, while Arsenal midfielder Emile Smith Rowe (No 8) produced another dazzling display with a goal and an assist in a 3-1 win over Aston Villa.
In terms of each club’s form player, Southampton and former Chelsea full-back Tino Livramento leads the way for the Saints, while Newcastle’s Callum Wilson fired himself to table-topping heights with an overhead leveller against Crystal Palace – his fourth goal from six shots on target in 411 minutes this season.
Win £250,000 with Super 6!
Another Saturday, another chance to win £250,000 with Super 6. Play for free, entries by 3pm.